Skip to content
Page load link
Who we represent and what we do:
- Paragon Energy Capital (Paragon) is a specialized investment bank serving a wide variety of clients in the US power generation market.
- We have unparalleled expertise in M&A (sell-side and buy-side), tax equity and debt structuring, solicitation, placement and execution.
- Renewable technology experience includes wind (land based and off-shore), solar (utility scale, C&I, community solar and residential), electric storage, geothermal, fuel cell, biomass and biogas.
- Fossil fuel technology experience includes natural gas, diesel, and coal fired power generation facilities.
- Paragon has deep experience with the various structures employed to finance renewable energy projects and monetize tax attributes, including partnership flips (with PTC or ITC), single investor leases, lease pass-through / inverted lease structures, pro-rata partnerships, with various forms of offtake arrangements such as busbar PPAs, hub-settled hedges, corporate PPAs, and proxy revenue swaps.
- Paragon’s clients include leading energy companies, global asset managers, independent developers, and private investment firms.
What we have closed to date:
- Since 2004, Paragon’s professionals have represented buy-side and sell-side clients on transactions valued in excess of $20 billion, representing over 10 GW of installed electric capacity and involving approximately 70 separate projects.
- In 2020, we successfully advised on 14 renewable energy M&A and tax equity transactions, including large ticket buy-side M&A engagements, sale-leasebacks, tax equity and debt financings with an aggregate value in excess of $2 billion.